Batch #1 orders have been filled! Subscribe for updates on future batches.
Batch #1 progress:
Wait for enough orders (25/25) Final tweaks to circuit/PCB design Order PCBs and parts Wait for stuff to arrive Work on v1.1 of firmware
- Make a user manual (in progress)
- Assemble & ship watches (10/25) – Should be all done by the end of August
- Easy access pads for power, I2C and UART (serial). Allows connecting to other modules like Bluetooth, accelerometers and additional microcontrollers. Latest PCB design now gives access to SPI.
- Reprogramming the watch is easier,
now uses a 6 pin ISP to pogo pin adapter (will be included with kit)now uses a bootloader to upload via serial. A pogo pin adapter and USB-to-serial converter will be included with the kit.
- The 3 way navigation switch has been replaced with 3 individual switches.
Wrist strap is included with the kit – G10 NATO black 22mm, however 22mm straps have suddenly become very hard to find at a decent price, so I might have to send a 20mm strap instead.
OLED and microcontroller will be tested before shipping. The microcontroller will come programmed with the latest firmware, even for the unassembled option.